Sunday, April 14, 2013

Why BJP's AAP phobia is meaningless.

I interact with a lot of people on Twitter daily. Most of the BJP supporters I have come across are irritating, abusive and strong headed. However, there are a lot of BJP tweeples I genuinely respect. @Antanudey, @BarbarIndian, @ among the few.

I saw that Antanu Dey was having a discussion with , mainly because of his twitter bio which says -

Objective

And this was hard to digest by Antanu. So, he initiated a discussion with him:
 Rebut from R-Bharat:
 Antanu promises a blog to explain his stand. He explained to me that I do not understand political strategies:

So, when he told us that he would be coming up with a blog, I was expecting a very detailed blog with all the fine prints of politics. However, I was shocked to see his blog post - "Why a Vote for the AAP is a vote for the Congress", which essentially was a single line statement - "AAP will snatch away votes from BJP"!

I thought of giving a rebut as a blog comment, but that would be lost with time. Hence I have come up with a blog post of myself which explains why BJP's AAP phobia is meaningless, naive, juvenile and myopic.

Here are some of the few reasons backing my argument:
o      AAP, right now, is just another brick in the wall of political parties. There are numerous political parties in India. Here is the list of "Unrecognized Political Parties" and here is the list of Recognized National Political Parties and here is the list of Recognized State Parties. Now, I give you the assignment of finding how many political parties cut the votes of BJP. Very fair to put all blame on AAP, isn't it?
o      Currently, AAP is focused only on Delhi state elections and Not general elections. The 15 day fast of Arvind Kejriwal was focused on 272 wards of Delhi. If a person in Gujarat feels insecure due to this, it is His problem.
o      Does BJP want to win the Delhi elections? Really? I do not see any good ground work by BJP in Delhi. Arvind Kejriwal had the guts to take the stage, stand beside Vijay Goel, and still slam him. Vijay ended up hugging and crying people. Stupid lip service with no substance. People chose people who have courage and vision.
o      Vijay Goel is not an inspirational figure. This is what Madhu Kishwar (who is writing Modinama) has to say about him:
        There are reports that Vijay Goel is selling Delhi tickets. Delhi mayor post is also up for sale. Does BJP think that such people would get votes?

o     Assuming that BJP Delhi is in fact pretty good. Still, AAP can win by just increasing the voting % and not touching the Congress/BJP votebank at all. Please go through this blog Government of the Non-Voters

o    Mr. Narendra Modi, AAP will NOT be a National party in 2014. Here is the requirement to be a national party - Either it must have polled 6 per cent of the valid votes polled in any four states alongwith at least four seats in the Lok Sabha or it must have got 2 per cent of the total seats in Lok Sabha from at least three states. Thus AAP would be fighting for making a national government in 2019, and not in 2014.

I can go on and on with me arguments, however till now, I believe most intelligent people would have understood the crux of the matter.

And I believe, 'strategists' should be creating new strategies.


5 comments:

  1. Do not agree with your assessment of AAP prospects in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am big supporter of AAP but i agree with you on your assessment of AAP prospects in 2014

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Ur blog is opinion without facts // opinion is like rectum hole, everyone has one, so does u, nothing wrong
    2. Elections r beyond and more then mere winning seats, AAP is opposed not cuz it may or may not cut BJP votes (ideally I care two hoots even if it does)
    3. AAP is opposed personally more of its dubious nature and lies which are repeatedly exposed.
    4. Stop ur sermons and advise, provide facts and then we shall take it further

    - Jaymin Panchal (@jemin_p)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dear Jaymin,

    Perhaps you forgot to read the reason why this blog post was written. Reason was the Antanu's assertion that AAP will cut BJP votes so it must be opposed. You have said you don't care about it but AAP lies.

    Here are few lies of AAP:
    1. CBI is not independent.
    2. 15 ministers, including PM should resign on Coalgate.
    3. BJP is hand in glove with NCP and Congress in Maharashtra land scams
    4. Gadkari is corrupt.
    5. 2G scam
    6. There is no independent agency which can fix corruption

    and so on ...

    I will not come down to your level of language, but now I really feel you can learn a thing or two from Antanu.

    And there were facts in the blogs, which you missed. Please read a bit deeply next time.

    Regards
    RHN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ,

    I was Googling around for content about BJP Scams this morning, when I came across your excellent page:

    I just wanted to say that your page helped me a ton.

    I recently published a on BJP Scams report last month. Here we mention every scams of BJP Till now.

    Here it is in case you’d like to check it out: https://realreport.in/corrupt-modi-place-for-bjp-scams/.

    Also, my article might make a nice addition to your page.

    Either way, thanks for giving such valuable news. And have a great day!

    Talk Soon,

    Regards
    Amit

    ReplyDelete